Category: Great Lighting Products
UPDATED!! New fixtures added!
One of the fastest growing LED markets is in the Outdoor area.? We’ve discussed in earlier posts how the indoor LED products are starting to come around, but for the most part, numbers don’t add up.? Well in outdoor situations the numbers are a no-brainer!? The hardest part about understanding LED is actually seeing it live and in person.? We can tell you how a 20w?LED fixture will replace a 100 watt High pressure Sodium fixture, but wouldn’t it be nice to actually see it person???? We thought so.? So we built a board of LED fixtures to do just that.
Listed from Top Left being #1, to bottom right being #12.? Here’s what we have:
1) 。 ?This fixture is perfect for parking lot lighting and walkway lighting throughout a facility’s property。
2) ?。? This fixture is perfect for lighting up a flag pole or any outdoor sign。
3) 。 ?This general purpose wall pack has an excellent beam pattern and is able to replace up to 175w Metal Halide Wall Pack fixtures。
4) – Polaris wall pack designed for higher end?architectural look. ?Ultra efficient LED Fixture with a nice look to match.
5) ?– Designed to replace up to a 250w?HPS / Metal Halide Wall Pack
6) – Designed to Replace 250w?to 320w Metal Halide Flood Lights.? Perfect for lighting up the side of building.
7) – 26w LED Wall Pack – Ideal above man doors on your building!
8) – 35w LED Wall/Area Light.? Perfect Dusk to Dawn Fixture Replacement
9) – 35w LED Wall Pack – For larger HID Replacement applications
10) – Designed to replace 50w-70w HID Wall pack, above man doors.
11) ?– Designed to replace 70w-100w HID Wall Pack
12) – Designed to replace 150w HID Wall Pack
One of great features of our display is?the?nLight Touchpad Control.??Thanks to our friends from , we are able to individually control?each light on the board to easily compare?like fixtures.? The wiring is all done over Cat5?cable, making it easy and cheap to install.? This switch will individually control 16 different channels.? And it looks cool to boot!
- Here’s what the inner workings look like from the back.?
We’re excited to show our display to anyone who would like to see the latest and greatest in LED Fixtures on display.? Stop by if you’re in town.
I’ve seen a lot of?crazy stuff in my?20 plus years in the lighting industry.
For those who are on the outside looking into this business we love, it might seem a bit crazy to associate “crazy” and “lighting industry.” Sort of like associating “comedian”?and “CPA.”
But one thing that isn’t funny but is crazy is when lights start to explode.
This can happen, we’ve discovered, with metal halide lights.
First, let me make it clear – of all the lights in the HID (high intensity discharge) family, metal halides bring the greatest number of positive qualities to the table。
They’re more energy efficient than mercury vapor lamps and offer better light quality, and we sell a lot of them at Adventure Lighting, where our clients – and we – swear by them.
网赚qq群But they have their drawbacks。
Metal halides are notoriously slow to turn on. They also have color shifting issues more pronounced than other lamps and put out a lot of UV radiation.
And they can explode.
Not all the time or even most of the time or, to be honest, even some of the time – in fact we’ve only seen it a couple times with a few clients with the thousands of MH’s we’ve sold over the years。
But when anything blows up that isn’t supposed to – and I can think of a long list of examples here – that makes people nervous, and rightfully so.
MH light manufacturers are working on this issue and have made great strides. Yet?the best solution at this point is also the simplest – using a protected metal halide.
Unlike the unprotected version, the protected MH has a tubular piece of glass around the arctube that prevents glass breakage, should the bulb, on those rare occasions, explode – usually toward the end of the bulb’s life.
The protected metal halide can then be safely?used in open fixtures and in areas where people and combustibles are present.
The protected MH costs a little more than its unprotected brother – but the peace of mind it brings seems totally worth it. Plus it also exposes more businesses to the wonderful qualities of the MH lamp.
And not using it, because of a little blow-up, is just crazy. ??
Jack Huff, along with his son Brian and wife Sue, owns and manages Adventure Lighting in Des Moines, Iowa. For more information, go to www.alisexstore.com
Back to the top